[pct-l] Phone help

Hank Magnuski hankm at mtinet.com
Mon Jan 11 08:56:47 CST 2010

Mark and Carol,

You'll probaby just want to get a GSM phone in England. Phone purchase here
usually requires a two-year committment for payment with stiff early termination
fees. The phone must be "quad-band" (must be able to cover US frequencies).

Get a plan that allows international call roaming. Or get some pre-paid minutes
here.

GSM coverage in the US is pretty decent (I use one all the time) and is provided
by the AT&T and T-Mobile (Deutsche Telekom) networks.

Internet and blog updates can be done using wifi in towns. A data plan costs
more and coverage on the PCT is scarce for voice and data anyway.

Hank