[pct-l] trail strategy

Stephen Adams reddirt2 at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 12 00:45:35 CST 2010

This wont do.  You have a way too easy going attitude.  What you need to do is get your mind right.  Come on Canoeman, you of anyone should no better than to let yourself start sliding away from the necessity of having, holding, and keeping near to your ever lovin hiking soul, fixed and ridged expectations.  All these other things will seem unimportant (especially the girlfriend), so long as your fixed and ridged hiking expectations unfold before you exactly as they do in your hours before sleep worrying about deep snow, creek crossings, poison ivy, poison water, deadly lightning, fourteen gazillion mosquitoes, three thousand hungry bears, a couple hundred disgruntled rangers, an angry fisherman, and two nosey coyotes.  You need to plan every footstep, and be where you plan to be every minute of the day.  Otherwise, it's pointless to even try.  It's not about shoes, electronics, or relationships.  It's about deadlines and pressure.  Your chance of succeeding is directly proportionate to your level of pressure you create around and within.  You must therefore encapsulate yourself within a cone of expectation.  Keeping a high level of maintenance with regards to your expectations will create the necessary pressure to keep the cone affixed in its proper dimensions about your private hiking space.  This is important in these times of high trail migratory enhancement.  Trust me on this, you will thank me later for helping you realize that all depends on a highly pressurized cone of expectation.  The only real issue I see actually is that there is not good electronics reception within the cone.