[pct-l] Weather in the Sierras

Joan Henriksen joan.henriksen at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 13:43:05 CST 2010

Hi all,

I am new to the forum and I have been enjoying all of your posts.  My
husband and I are thru-hiking this season and I was wondering about what
kind of weather to expect in the Sierras.  A friend of mine is training us
on ice axe use and snow travel so I feel confident about handling the
terrain, but I am not sure what to expect weather wise.  While I have a lot
of winter camping experience I don't have any high altitude experience.  We
don't plan on being in the Sierras until after June 15th.  Anyone
encountered any crazy weather that time of year?

thanks, Joan