[pct-l] backpack question

Erik The Black erik at eriktheblack.com
Thu Jan 14 09:32:19 CST 2010

Hi Mike,

I don't have any experience with the Equinox ARAS Eagle specifically, but a
20 ounce pack *might* be kind of uncomfortable if your base weight starts to
get closer to 15 lbs than 12 lbs.

For a base weight of 8-12 lbs lightweight packs like the ARAS Eagle, ULA
Conduit/Ohm or Gossamer Gear Mariposa should work well.

If you want to carry a little more gear you might consider going up to a 2
lb pack like the ULA Circuit or Granite Gear Vapor Trail, which will be more
comfortable with the slightly heavier load and have more space inside.

Happy trails,
Erik the Black

Maps & Ultralight Trail Guides - By Blackwoods Press

* Pacific Crest Trail Atlas 2nd Edition
http://www.blackwoodspress.com/pct/atlas/

* NEW! Pacific Crest Trail Wall Map
http://www.blackwoodspress.com/pct/map/

* John Muir Trail Atlas (Coming Spring '10)
http://www.blackwoodspress.com/jmt/atlas/

* FREE Ultralight Gear Planner Tool
http://www.blackwoodspress.com/bonuses/gearplanner.htm

.

as I research what pack to carry for the upcoming adventure, I came across
the Equinox ARAS Eagle: 3200ci, 20.5 oz.
http://www.equinoxltd.com/the-gear/ultralite-gear/aras-eagle-pack.cfm

I can't find any reviews; anyone know anything about this pack?

anyone have any specific recommendations?  I'm planning about 12-15 lbs
baseweight.

thanks

Moab Mike