[pct-l] Trekking poles?

Jeffrey Olson jolson at olc.edu
Thu Jan 14 11:56:37 CST 2010

I tend to fall off rocks about one inch to one and a half inch high.
Too many times playing Bball, rolling my ankles.

I have had to leave the trail before because of sprained ankles.  While
a pole doesn't catch me every time, it has caught me and when I fell, I
did so from the pole rather than my ankle.  It helps a bit going
downhill, but for me, that's not enough of a reason to carry them.  The
other deciding factor is I use a Tarptent Contrail and it uses a hiking
pole.  I like gear that has more than one use.

Jeffrey Olson
Martin, SD