[pct-l] for all you old foofs that like to reminisce

Yoshihiro Murakami completewalker at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 17:55:32 CST 2010

Dear ned and eckert

I must be the one of the worst and the dullest old foofs( I had
consulted with dictionary). I likes JanSports external pack. Recently,
 I was not able to act against the temptation of the sales of
backcountry.com. So I got new Carson 80.  The  form of waist belt and
shoulder yokes were improved, and fit well. The frame was smaller than
the old D3, but still it  was too large to hike at steeper mountains
in Japan. So I cut the lower frame and made a shorter one, and
attached the very old joints of D3 to Carson 80. Then, I sewed the
three plastic buckles to the packs. I am using a very heavy camera
Olympus E-3, about 2 Kg, simply because the focusing speed is  the
fastest, and almost waterproof.   It may looks like one of the
military packs.

The photos are here: I wrote captions in English but explanation in Japanese.

http://psycho01.edu.u-toyama.ac.jp/carson80.html

In future, I would  like to hike some sections of PCT.

--
Sincerely