[pct-l] Filters vs Chemicals

Erik The Black erik at eriktheblack.com
Mon Jan 18 13:00:45 CST 2010

The best solution I have found so far is the Sawyer inline water filter.

It weighs only 2-3 ounces and goes inline in the drinking tube from your
water bladder, so you just fill up with water and it is filtered as you suck
it through.

I've used one for 500 miles but I was lax about back-flushing it and
eventually it got clogged. This year I bought another one and I'm planning
to take better care of it. I hope that it will provide lightweight water
filtration without nasty chemical taste or endless arm-pumping.

Here's the link with more info:

http://www.sawyerproducts.com/SP121.htm

Happy trails,
Erik the Black

Maps & Ultralight Trail Guides - By Blackwoods Press
* Pacific Crest Trail Atlas 2nd Edition
http://www.blackwoodspress.com/pct/atlas/

* NEW! Pacific Crest Trail Wall Map
http://www.blackwoodspress.com/pct/map/

* John Muir Trail Atlas (Coming Spring '10)
http://www.blackwoodspress.com/jmt/atlas/

* FREE Ultralight Gear Planner Tool
http://www.blackwoodspress.com/bonuses/gearplanner.htm

.