[pct-l] Resupply from Sonora Pass

Hank Magnuski hankm at mtinet.com
Tue Jan 19 14:29:16 CST 2010

Anna,

I've met quite a few thru's at Sonora Pass and I'd say about 70% go to
Bridgeport, 20% go to KM, and 10% go straight through.

Bridgeport has a lot to offer, but I've heard many complaints about high prices
and the hitch back can be miserable, taking some hikers a half day or more.

I think KM is underrated; the store and restaurant have gotten good reviews from
the hikers who went there.

There's a fair amount of traffic, in both directions, at Sonora Pass, but
hitching can be hit or miss, you never know what luck you'll have.

There's a picnic/parking area very near the Pass, a good place to yogi a
ride.

Hank