[pct-l] Filters vs. chemicals

grv2srf at rattlebrain.com grv2srf at rattlebrain.com
Tue Jan 19 20:03:46 CST 2010

Last September my partner and I did the Laural lake through to Rancheria
Falls in that 110+ heatwave, the secret is to scoot up those switch backs
before ole sol peaks his head above the horizion well no that ain't happen
so its beaten down on us like a hammer on a anvil and by the time we got
to frog creek we found its namesake was boilen belly up...... lets just
say what was seepin through them rocks would have made any sweet water or
MSR lever bender cringe at what waited for them in gettin that drink.
Anyway a New York lawyer by way of Chicago came down the trail on her way
to Vernon Lake  had one of them U.V. High Tech water bottles and stop to
demonstrate its capabilities it had a ni/cad battery and some sort of
solar re-charging  thing from REI. Any way it works got a drink without
breakin out the sweet water and all the tubes and such.When we got to
Lural Lake  and was able to restock the water barrel for the next leg of
our voyage