[pct-l] Maximum food & water at the same time?

Diane at Santa Barbara Hikes dot com diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Tue Jan 19 21:47:42 CST 2010

You could get supplies in Onyx. Commuters driving the highway are
aware of the hikers. It's got a post office and a mini-market. I had
fun resupplying there talking to the interesting people who go to the
mini-market for coffee every morning.

30lbs of food in the Sierras sounds like an awful lot. What is that,
15 days (or more if you don't eat 2lbs a day.) I don't think there's
more than 5 or 6 days through the Sierra without access to near-trail
supplies if you choose to use them. (VVR, Muir Trail Ranch, Red's
Meadow for example.)

Don't forget that by the time you get your trail legs going, you will
be able to hike well over 20 miles a day if you desire.

Diane