[pct-l] Trail magic on this list

Austin Williams austinwilliams123 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 17:31:08 CST 2010

This is interesting.  I've been thinking about some kind of service like
this that could save hikers from over-seas a lot of money.  The service
provider could talk with the over-seas people about their dietary needs, the
hikers could send money (securely, through paypal or something), and the
provider could buy the food in bulk, and send out the packages... and
otherwise be the hikers' support person.

The thing is, I don't know if the costs of such a service could be made
cheap enough.... cheaper than, say, buying your food along the trail.
Perhaps if the service was non-profit.  I don't know.

It would be interesting to look into though.

--
Austin Williams
PlanYourHike.com

"The mountains are calling and I must go."   -John Muir