[pct-l] GPS - Garmen Vista

Erik Turnberg erik.turnberg at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 12:21:03 CST 2010

Question to all the GPS folks out there.  I have Garmin Vista which I
use right now to just track where I've been on short hikes or
occasionally locate myself on a map, but my wife (and primary hiking
companion) and I are hoping ro make it a little more usefull and bring
it on our thru hike this spring.  Should I buy the garmin maps?  If so
which ones?  What way points should I use and what's the best way to
upload them?  We're mac people.  And beyond this what do people think
about carrying a gps.  Usefull or not?  We will be carrying the atlas
and a compass, which we both know how to use.

Thanks,

Granite and terrapin flyer

Sent from my iPhone