[pct-l] new Gramin nuvi GPS

Kathryn Zimmerman thebaglady07 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 12:22:31 CST 2010

Ok, so all those replies are confusing:  yes you can, no you can't, you need
to  load waypoints, something about UTM coordinates....OMG!  my head is
spinning!

I was planning on using The Atlas.  I thought, perhaps, this new GPS nuvi
1200, for the guy who asked the model...and I'm sure it's the cheapest one
on the market...it was a bank giveaway!...well, I thought this might be of
some help when nothing else was working for me.  More of a last resort, not
my primary route finder.

I will be going solo.  This ain't the AT, that's for sure!  There I just had
to follow the blazes!  Here, I don't know what I don't know.

So maybe I've got to get a bit more capable with the device first.  But
what's the first thing I would need if it was at all plausible as a back
up?  I'm not worried about batteriess and getting wet and all that stuff - I
can handle that...just using it, again as backup....but maybe it's not worth
the hassle.  I'll just follow others:)

Can someone give me step one (after I get familiar with it for car usage)?
Or point me?  Or I'll just start googling, which is what I usually do!

Thanks for all the input,  really!

Bag Lady

--
- Kathryn