[pct-l] TP decomposition

Paul Bodnar paulbodnar at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 27 23:08:05 CST 2010

I agree your method should help, anything that increases the moisture content and surface area will increase decomposition.  So pouring some extra water or urinating on the TP will help, especially in dry areas.  The mixing will also help in increasing the surface area of the TP.

I was really surprised how long toilet paper lasts in a dry climate.  If it doesn't rain exposed toilet paper in low humidity will last months and maybe a year or so.  To see the study click on the link below.

http://hikethru.com/hiking-information/backyard-science/toilet-paper-decomposition

Thanks for your comments.

Paul