[pct-l] thrift store treasure

Marion Davison mardav at charter.net
Thu Jan 28 00:02:14 CST 2010

My husband, who is retired, does the shopping weekly.  On his regular
route are a couple of Salvation Army thrift stores.  We have scored an
awful lot of usable gear from these two stores.  This week he hit the
jackpot.  He got a brand new Gregory Spectrum pack for $10.
So if you are hiking on a budget consider checking out thrift stores
about once a week to score the occasional amazing deal.  Especially if
you are outfitting kids, the scout troop, etc.  Let the buyer
beware--all gear should be checked out on a field trial before embarking
on a major hike.  It is hard to score usable rain gear at a thrift
store, for example.
Marion