[pct-l] TP decomposition

Julianne Baker rangergirl02 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 20:56:17 CST 2010

Why not suck it up and carry it out? Leave No Trace. If you can carry it in,
you can carry it out. Guess if LNT research says ok, then fine, otherwise,
it seems like a cop out. After checking out the website mentioned below, I
wonder how much moisture there was besides the urine, and the components of
the soil. In some areas, 6 inches would not get you to decomposing soil, in
other areas it is so dry that urine will soak thru and not work to help
decomposition. I think that carrying it out is the best, safest way to go.
I've seen buried TP rise to the surface, I've seen buried TP dug up by
animals. Snow makes great TP.
Good luck to all thru-hikers.
Yellowstone