[pct-l] TP decomposition, ninja-poop technique

Gary Wright gwtmp01 at mac.com
Fri Jan 29 10:52:03 CST 2010

On Jan 29, 2010, at 11:35 AM, Dan Africk wrote:
> I use a method I call the ninja-poop, similar to the 3 Ps, but with a key
> extra step- I burn the TP in the hole, before mixing, so that it will break
> down faster. I figure by turning the TP into carbon and ash, not only will
> the TP break down faster, but so will the waste I'm mixing it with. I
> realize this method is technically against the rules in some areas, and will
> probably be controversial, but I think that with caution, it's the best LNT
> method short of packing out your TP or skipping it entirely. In fact I
> believe that the hole and the poo itself have a much greater impact than the
> TP itself.

I know personally of one wildfire in Southern California started via the
practice of burning TP and I believe a large fire many years ago near Wrightwood
was also started via this practice. I'm not suggesting that this isn't
a reasonable safe practice in *some* locales but in dry, windy SoCal it has
obvious risks.

It really isn't all that difficult to pack out used TP.

Gary Wright (Radar)