[pct-l] TP decomposition

Diane at Santa Barbara Hikes dot com diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Fri Jan 29 15:06:43 CST 2010

After you poop, whether you clean yourself with water or TP, you
should wash your hands. And if you wash your hands, then it is not
less healthy or clean to use water instead of TP. You wash in the
shower, don't you?

If anything, it is cleaner because not only did you wash your hands,
but you washed your butt, too. Also, I don't know if it's the same
for everyone, but something about squatting down on the ground like
that it all just comes out easier and cleaner to begin with.

I chose to go without TP because I didn't want to pack it out.
Nothing to pack. I also chose to go without TP because I wanted to go
as light as possible. Nothing to carry. It worked really well.

And somebody said that as a purist I should be against people living
in wood houses if I don't like the idea of cutting down trees to make
toilet paper. That's going too far. Making a house or a nice piece of
furniture isn't the same kind of use as wiping your butt or blowing
your nose.