[pct-l] The Ultimate Hiker Hosting Setup

Bill Burge bill at burge.com
Fri Jan 29 18:43:14 CST 2010

It IS beautiful!  I hear what you are saying about competing with
existing angels.

My GF and I were day hiking a portion of the trail through Vasquez
Rocks park and saw this house that was right next to the trail and
thought, this would be awesome to live right on the trail and host
hikers.

Then we realized that no one would stay with US unless Donna/
HikerHeaven was FULL.  Most of the time what we'd hear is "can you
tell me how much further it is to Hiker Heaven?"

You just can't compete with some things and I wouldn't even want to.
I've seen Hiker Heaven in full swing and it's awesome.  It's even more
impressive when you see it perpendicular to the hiker view.

The hiker comes in and is there for "two nearo's and a zero" and they
get one view.  But we got to see it over the course of a few weeks (we
live about 15 mins away) and it's very different and even MORE
impressive.  Think of it as looking onto a track and seeing someone do
a 100 meter sprint - flat out diving across the finish.  Then imagine
what it would be like to stop and see that the same runner had done
that same diving finish, flat out sprint, 10 times in a row already
and was going on to do 10 more.  Then imagine how you'd feel.  We need
to invent a Gold Medal for Donna!  I can't even dream of how she does
it.

BillB