[pct-l] TP decomposition - 3 P's

AsABat asabat at 4jeffrey.net
Sat Jan 30 08:08:57 CST 2010

I'm curious for those that use natural products, do you take care to
bury the natural TP? I've seen rocks laying on the ground that were
smeared with crap, and assume there must have been a cathole nearby.
Oh, and did you know it is illegal to pick flower, etc., in the parks?
So only downed leaves and such may be used.

I'm also curious if it is legal, or at least a wise practice, to
dispose of used TP in an outhouse or toilet. Septic systems are
designed for a balance of liquids and solids, and TP and similar
products can overload the system. The TP used in one evacuation is one
thing, a bag full from a week worth of dumps is another if we call did
it.

On a similar subject, I remember seeing the outhouse at Barker Pass
(near Tahoe) piled high inside with bags of trash. I guess since they
provided a toilet they should have provided a trash can, so lots of
people just left bags of trash on the floor inside. (And by the nature
of the trash, at least some was hikers).

Just curious. Me? I just hold it until town!