[pct-l] Cookless meals in Section A

Kathryn Zimmerman thebaglady07 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 30 13:42:30 CST 2010

A couple I hiked with on the AT went stoveless.  They soaked oatmeal
overnight for breakfast (adding nuts and dried fruits) and soaked minute
brown rice every afternoon (adding tuna or chicken and seasoned salt), then
they got their variety in town.  For lunch they ate Cliff bars.  Ramen
noodles soaked well too.

I'm not a fan of it, but they didn't seem to miss the variety on the trail
and were very strong and healthy.

Bag Lady

--
- Kathryn