[pct-l] In case anyone is interested

Denis Stanton denisstanton at mac.com
Sat Jul 3 18:03:35 CDT 2010

Hi OldRidgeRunner,

Yes, I'm interested.  Last year I hiked a small section of the PCT as an add-on to my annual business trip to the USA.  I hiked from Bubbs Creek to Woods Creek, covering Glen Pass and Rae Lakes.  I remember you arriving at Woods Creek in light rain. You were not enjoying it that day and I wondered whether you were about to end your hike and exit down Woods Creek as I was.  I was impressed to hear later that you have persevered and continued on towards Pinchot Pass and beyond the next day.  I meant to write and congratulate you on your fortitude but I didn't get round to it.  So go well Old Ridge Runner.  I hope you make it and beat the snow to reach the border.

I did my fourth small section of the PCT this year, adding Seldon Pass to my tally.  I'm 13 years your junior, but at my current rate of one week per year I'm not going catch up with you.

regards
Walks With Son