[pct-l] US Border Crossing Warning (Christopher Kopp)

Tom Griffin griffin at u.washington.edu
Sun Jul 4 12:45:15 CDT 2010

I live in Seattle and have crossed the US-Canada border on hiking trails
several times. The only time I heard of ANY border patrol officer at the
PCT crossing was right after 9/11--when CANADIAN officials were checking
NORTHBOUND PCT thruhiker permits for about a week.

I've never heard of a US border patrol officer at the PCT border
crossing (and I've been on this list since started about 15 years ago).
They don't have the staff to do it. If I were hiking southbound from
Manning Park, I wouldn't worry about it.

Tom "Bullfrog" Griffin
Seattle