[pct-l] Safe parking in Mammoth Lakes?

Sean 'Miner' Nordeen sean at lifesadventures.net
Mon Jul 5 14:14:18 CDT 2010

I wasn't aware that Mammoth Lakes was a high crime area to be concerned about.  Its been awhile since I've hiked out of there where I had to leave a car, but it use to be that if you arrived very very early, before the entrance booth opened, you could drive down to the trailheads between Agnew Meadows and Red's Meadow and park there instead of using the shuttles.

I've also left my car at the Ski Resort where the Red's Meadow/Devil's Postpile shuttles pick you up and forgot to lock my car.  I came back a few days latter to find my car...  untouched.  Talk to the Ranger Station where your friend is getting permits and ask them where you can park.

-Miner