[pct-l] Safe parking in Mammoth Lakes?

Mary Clements mhclements at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 5 14:23:15 CDT 2010

Six2

In 2008 I did a section of the JMT and other trails. Left my car at the Duck
Pass Trailhead, walked along Lake Mary, George and Horseshoe Lakes to the
Mammoth Pass TH and eventually to the JMT at Red Meadows where we resumed
our JMT section south. Left the car there on July 27th and returned August
8th without any problems.  Car had misc itemsinside but NO food in or around
it to attract the bears.  Lots of cars parked in that trailhead area.

Hope this helps!

Mary