[pct-l] Map of new Suiattle River crossing

Diane at Santa Barbara Hikes dot com diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Tue Jul 6 08:21:03 CDT 2010

On Jul 5, 2010, at 11:08 PM, pct-l-request at backcountry.net wrote:

> Wow!  Their proposal is to eliminate one mile of trail and build three
> new miles of trail, and install a bridge three miles down stream.
> This
> would add 5 miles to the total distance.
>
> I wouldn't support that.

A couple extra miles isn't a big deal. And you'll get a (hopefully)
more stable location for the bridge. Perhaps it is where the trail
should have been in the first place, in which case you wouldn't have
noticed the extra milage.

They plan to add a few extra miles in So Cal, too.

Books I've written:
~ Piper's Flight
~ Adventure and Magic
~ Santa Barbara Hikes
http://stores.lulu.com/dianesoini

We're not here for a long time, but we are here for a good time