[pct-l] helicopter evac

abiegen at cox.net abiegen at cox.net
Wed Jul 7 09:42:52 CDT 2010

Another rescue for Handyman? Handman was with me when I slipped on deep snow on the east side of Apache Peak. He climbed down the 100 feet I fell and helped me get back up to the trail. He put snow in a baggie for my badly sprained leg, called 911, guided the CalFire helicopter to come and pick me up. Then continued on the trail with Sandman. Maybe his trail name should be changed to Heroman or Medivac Max. What's the record for most number of rescues on the PCT in a single hike?

TrailHacker