[pct-l] Boys Life article from 1955

CHUCK CHELIN steeleye at wildblue.net
Sat Jul 10 20:59:27 CDT 2010

Good evening, Ground Pounder,

I read every issue of *Boy’s Life* – cover to cover – from ’53 through ’60
so I probably read this one as well; I just don’t remember it.

Also in that issue is an article titled, “*Orange Crate Cruse*” beginning on
Page-9.  I, like probably thousands of others, made an orange crate canoe
and I use it on trips in 5 states plus Ontario.  I think I still have the
plans around somewhere.  In canoe tripping “ultra-lite” means leaving the
12” or 14” cast-iron Dutch oven at home and only taking the 10” size.  Such
a sacrifice…

Steel-Eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/steel-eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/SteelEye09