[pct-l] when to mail resupply

CClark dr_carolyn at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 12 14:23:55 CDT 2010

 <<Just sitting here wondering when I should mail my resupplies>>

Sandy,
It depends on the size of the town.  Once we mailed our supplies to Sierra City
about 11 days in advance.  They still weren't there when we arrived.  Lucky for
us, they arrived in that days' delivery.  I was so happy that I hugged the
driver.  Then he gave us a ride to the trailhead from the P.O.

I asked him how it could have taken so long.  He explained that boxes sent to
small towns can get thrown into a corner somewhere and not noticed for a while.
Since then, I've allowed at least two weeks.

Carolyn (Clipper)