[pct-l] Hiking with dogs--A horrid lesson to learn--a long story

ecpg at peoplepc.com ecpg at peoplepc.com
Fri Jul 16 15:40:29 CDT 2010

What an awful thing. ANd I agree, if you hadn't gotten this just right and
had the patience to do so, your dog would not have mmade it.

I have had problems with my malamute overheating. Those northern breed dogs
just aren't equipped to dealwith heat. Never had that problem with my border
collies although a friend's had some problems because he wasn't in real good
shape and it got really hot.

If you are going to hike anywhere with your dog, better know lots of first
aid and be willing to do what Marion did.

Carolyn Eddy
"Sweet Goat Mama"