[pct-l] Fwd: Re: Trail conditions for PCT CA Sections I & J

Jeffrey Olson jolson at olc.edu
Sat Jul 17 17:49:07 CDT 2010

I just got back from a week in the Emigrant Wilderness.  The PCT from
Dorothy Lake to the junction with the Leavitt Meadows trail is pretty
snow free.  I ran into a woman - Hummingbird - who started on June 6 and
after five weeks has done 1000 miles - who reported the mosquitos in
yosemite were crazy making.  Given the choice to walk through yosemite
again or get giardia - well, giardia won out!  She's averaging 30+ a day
and passing 10 to 15 thrus every day.

The trail is very well marked in the section you asked about...

Jeffrey Olson
Santa Rosa, CA