[pct-l] Resupply at Tuolumne Meadows before opening date in 2011

Sean 'Miner' Nordeen sean at lifesadventures.net
Tue Jul 20 13:07:02 CDT 2010

Due to a mistake in my planning and not getting a resupply box sent to Kennedy Meadows North in time, in 2009, I went straight from Mammoth Lakes to South Lake Tahoe with no resupply carrying 10days of food (only needed 9).  It wasn't a big deal as long as your pack can handle it.

If Hwy 120 is open, then you can hitch from Tuolumne Mdws over to Lee Vinning or down to Yosemite Valley to get a resupply.  Otherwise you can try your luck hitching off Sonora Pass in the early season.  In the very low snow year of 2007, I found the Tuolumne store opened during the 3rd week of May.  You should have a better idea what to expect come April 2011 as it all depends on the snow pack this winter.  In the worse case, you'll have to do what I did and hike straight through.

-Miner