[pct-l] Ashland SOBO starting soon. SNOW?

Cate White cwhite at mcn.org
Tue Jul 20 14:40:48 CDT 2010

I was hoping to start in Ashland on July 23 and hike south, but Trail
Condition reports on the PCTA website are making me a bit nervous: blow
downs & snow throughout sections Q to N (Seiad Valley to Burney Falls).
Those reports are only a couple days old. There's no report for Ashland to
Seiad Valley, though. Anybody have info on this section? It looks like there
is still snow just about everywhere, on & off up through OR and WA, right?

I have the whole month of August blocked out and nowhere to go! I already
postponed my July 1 leave date to July 23rd. Should I kill some more time
and wait til August 1st to leave?? The snow has GOT to be melted by then,
right?? What would you do? I really can't deal with lots of snow. No
experience, no gear. Thanks for any advice.

Cate