[pct-l] Sierra in September

Tortoise Tortoise73 at charter.net
Tue Jul 20 19:27:53 CDT 2010

I concur that September is a great time to hike the Sierra. Fewer people
and few mosquitoes. Only drawback is shorter days and longer nights. But
nasty storms can hit in September (as well as June, July & August).

I used to plan my long trip in the Sierra to start on Labor Day weekend.
Drive to the trailhead on Saturday, hike into the back country on Sunday,
and then on Monday (Labor Day) I'd hike along while most everyone else was
hiking out to go back to work.

Another advantage may be that there may be less scheduling issues at work
since most people take their vacations earlier and their kids are back in
school.

Tortoise

<> Because truth matters! <>