[pct-l] shoe sizing - questions thereof

Rick Donahue anutherrick at gmail.com
Mon Jul 26 12:28:46 CDT 2010

Just one more thing to think about - for me foot expansion was mostly about
width, not
length. I went to only 1/2 size larger but went from D to 4E. I think some
often make the
mistake of trying to get width by increasing length of shoe. I've always
wondered how the
foot gets longer with increased mileage. I've been hiking in shoes w/o much
arch support
and find that my arch muscles get stronger but my foot is not growing in
length. Good luck.

Regarding Chaco's, Diane which ones are you using? I ordered a pair of the
Z/1's but just
couldn't do it. Each one was heavier than any *pair* of my trail runners.

--Rick