[pct-l] info on Stehekin and Manning Park

Tori Cannon toricannon at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 26 14:51:20 CDT 2010

We hiked most of the PCT last year, but have one last section to finish up.  We will be doing the PCT north from Steven's Pass to Manning Park the end of August.  We have somehow misplaced our guidebook and Yogi trail town info for this section of the PCT.  We were wondering if the lovely PCT-L list could help us out by giving us the run down on Stehekin and Manning Park.  Specifically, we would like info on:

-how to take the bus to/from Stehekin.  Where is the best place to be picked up and dropped off?

-Is there a place to shower in Stehekin that does not require spending the night?

-Any lodging or camping available in Stehekin?

-Where is the best grub (besides the Bakery) in Stehekin?

-And what days/hours is the bakery open (we hear it is a must go-to place!)?

-Is there lodging available at Manning Park?  If so, how much does it cost (approximately)?  Do you need reservations ahead of time?

Any other helpful tips or info would be appreciated.  We do have our permit to enter Canada in case anyone might be concerned.

Also, any word on when the Suiattle bridge is going in (besides Summer 2010)?  I know officially the new trail/bridge doesn't open this year, but I would much rather cross a bridge than butt-scoot across the log. :-)

Thanks in advance for any help you can give!

Tom and Tori Lindsley