[pct-l] shoe sizing - questions thereof

Diane at Santa Barbara Hikes dot com diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Mon Jul 26 17:17:01 CDT 2010

On Jul 26, 2010, at 1:55 PM, pct-l-request at backcountry.net wrote:

> Regarding Chaco's, Diane which ones are you using? I ordered a pair
> of the
> Z/1's but just
> couldn't do it. Each one was heavier than any *pair* of my trail
> runners.
>
> --Rick

I think I've got the Z-1s in wide width. The ones you can wear socks
with easily. Yes, they are very heavy. The wide ones are even
heavier. The freedom of my toes is really nice and after a long hike
I feel like I can keep going. I still suffer from some injuries after
my hike last year and the Chacos seem not to exacerbate them. For
these reasons the weight doesn't bother me. I believe Tevas weigh a
lot less, but my feet are happier in Chacos.

Books I've written:
~ Piper's Flight
~ Adventure and Magic
~ Santa Barbara Hikes
http://stores.lulu.com/dianesoini

We're not here for a long time, but we are here for a good time