[pct-l] backpacker butt

Melanie Clarke melaniekclarke at gmail.com
Wed Jul 28 08:38:44 CDT 2010

Dear PCT,

I have a very "endowed" curvaceous female specific ass comprised of both
extremely strong muscles (I can hike, cycle, run faster than men half my
age!) and fat.  I would be the perfect candidate for "hiker butt" but I have
never experienced this.  I think it has everything to do with cleanliness.

On the trail, I have a zip-lock baggie of a stack of baby wipes.  I use one
to get a "job" done.  It actually doesn't create a lot of extra trash as it
folds down and I put it in a "dirty" zip-lock.  Even if you don't have a
"trash stop" for a week; 7-10 wipes are not that bad to carry with the rest
of your trash.  All my accumulated trash never even begins to fill a small
zip-lock even after a week.  In addition, I bathe once per day at around
2:00pm when it is warm and rinse out my clothes.  I either swim in an alpine
lake or even "lightly" soap up and rinse 10 yards away from the stream with
a plastic water bottle; yes, this is possible even for hair.

It is my opinion that you don't need any of the extra crap, just be more
fastidious about cleanliness!  This will also ensure a better "night life"
or "day life" in some very exotic settings, on the trail!

Melanie