[pct-l] trail note: PCT @ Hwy 3, Scott Mountain Summit

Tortoise Tortoise73 at charter.net
Thu Jul 29 16:36:46 CDT 2010

Did a long drive Tuesday and Wednesday. I camped Tuesday night, 07/27/10,
at the camp at Scott Mountain Summit on Hwy 3. The PCT runs along the north
side of the camping area.  There were a trio of PCT sections hikers camped
there for the evening.  We talked a bit and took each others' pictures.
They were reluctant for me to post their pictures to the web so I am also
withholding their identities.   Two had sore blistered feet. I gave them
what duct tape I had.

Wednesday morning, I talked with them again. One had decided that his
blisters were too bad  for him to continue and asked for help to get off
the trail. Another was going to hike for about 30 minutes and determine how
her feet were doing. If they hurt too much she would come back and I would
also give her a ride. We reviewed my road map and talked and then agreed I
would take the one hiker to Amtrack in Redding. We'd wait for an hour in
case the woman decided to bail. We actually waited for a little longer then
left. I dropped the one hiker at Amtrak in Redding and continued my trip.

Happy
--

Tortoise

<> Because truth matters! <>