[pct-l] garmin and tracks - data truncated

The Wilderness Vagabond wildvagabond at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 30 21:22:06 CDT 2010

I just downloaded some of the waypoints from halfmile's wondrous site to my Garmin 60cs.  I too had difficulty with too many waypoints.  If you want to create room in the unit, on the unit press:  find-waypoints-menu-delete  -- but caution!  Save your tracks and waypoints and maps before doing anything as drastic as this.  When you return from your hike, you can restore what you wish (provided you have saved data and backed it up on an external drive).
   Leaving for the JMT tomorrow, start hiking on August 4th from Happy Isles (going S).  See you on the trail.  Wild Vagabond.
http://wildernessvagabond.com/