[pct-l] how much money to save an ounce

Tortoise Tortoise73 at charter.net
Tue Jun 1 20:33:04 CDT 2010

Well the cost per mile is relevant when considering how much more to spend
to lighten your load.
Obviously if one only does a couple hundred or so miles a year, the cost
per mile goes up which may change one's decision on which to buy.

Obviously there are other ways to reduce one's pack weight -- the easiest
and cheapest is simply to not take unneeded stuff, to do without so much stuff.

When I buy something I consider not only the initial cost but how much I
will use the item, how long it will last and how much per use. One needs
also to consider the consequences if the purchase fails  -- mail be
trivial, the candy taste bad and you toss it; or your vehicle fails miles
from anywhere, or your tent fails in a raging blizzard. One has to
guesstimate based on knowledge of one's self. But the cheapest to buy is
not necessarily the cheapest to use.

Tortoise

<> Because truth matters! <>