[pct-l] tendonitis (was Getting Back on Trail, Leaving a Car in SoCal)

kylie skidmore kyliepete at gmail.com
Wed Jun 2 01:10:29 CDT 2010

g'day dan, i'm interested in your tendonitis...  i've previously had
tendonitis a couple of times in my shin-ankle region - both feet but not
simultaneously. both times i was able to keep walking (albeit with probably
too much ibuprofen & NSAIDs - and fairly excruciating pain for some days)
and within 2 weeks to a month the inflammation had gone down.  in the past
i've always been a traditional bushwalker - and as a leader and teacher have
carried up to 35kg at times. i've been working on the theory that the
tendonitis is caused in part by the weight of my boots and pack, and if i
reduce these significantly i'll be free of the tendonitis. your post is a
little concerning - might destroy my theory.

can i ask what your pack weight is, and what type of footwear you wear?

cheers, skids