[pct-l] tendonitis

Diane at Santa Barbara Hikes dot com diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Wed Jun 2 16:44:11 CDT 2010

On Jun 2, 2010, at 7:31 AM, pct-l-request at backcountry.net wrote:

> If you change your boots to shoes, you will suffer more serious
> injury.

I don't know that I agree with this. I got metatarsal stress
fractures from my shoes being too rigid and having too much toe-
spring. If you look at any boot, the toe-spring is enormous. Toe-
spring is the curve of the last toward the toe. The stiffer the boot,
the more toe-spring there has to be in order for you to be able to
walk at all, and the more my toes point up in the air, the more I'm
going to get stress fractures in my feet. The best shoes for me offer
very little resistance at the break-point (the ball of my foot),
provide some sort of side-to-side support so that my feet don't
overpronate and provide a lot of width in the toebox. I have yet to
find a boot that provides all three of those things, or even two of
the three.

Books I've written:
~ Piper's Flight
~ Adventure and Magic
~ Santa Barbara Hikes
http://stores.lulu.com/dianesoini

We're not here for a long time, but we are here for a good time