[pct-l] Walker Pass Food Ruck Donuts

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Wed Jun 2 23:22:01 CDT 2010

I bought 6 super big boxes of Winchell's donuts for the Ruck (June 3-6).  You will not believe them until you see them tomorrow when I roll into the campground around 1100.  This is beyond human comprehension.  This is a new record of gluttony on the trail.  This is so cool.

Backpackers long vanquished from human civilization will start to feel faint as they approach Walker Pass.  The donut aroma will surround them with a magic scents.  They will drive themselves on no matter the cost or consequences of stumbling down the trail.  All concerns for safety and health will be overwhelmed by thoughts of fresh breads with icings.  They will be in a trance and parallel universe of pastry delights.

Your Obedient servant and JMT/PCT 1970
Switchback the Pirate of Trail Chicanery