[pct-l] Dry bag for cell phone

Bill Burge bill at burge.com
Fri Jun 4 10:36:15 CDT 2010

Ziplock.

If it gets tired, new ziplock.

Even tired isn't a real problem.  You only need it to be fully waterproof if it gets submerged.  If your pack gets submerged, you got problems.  If a large platypus breaks in your pack and floods your liner, you're probably OK with "mostly" waterproof.

Also, be aware, most electronics will be fine if they get wet (just water, Dr Pepper is another issue! ;-) IF you keep them turned OFF, remove the battery, and dry them slowly and COMPLETELY.  (The "COMPLETELY" is the part most people get wrong.)

Also be aware, most modern portable devices include a water sensor.  Just in case you want to take it in for warranty repairs and say "I don't know what happened.  It just stopped working..."

BillB