[pct-l] Warning ---- pack stolen at firing range at Sheep Fire Detour

Susan Goodwin photosusan1 at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 4 15:58:41 CDT 2010

It is a SAD situation that hiker (Patch) had his pack stolen.......what was the point of someone stealing it?

The most "valuable" thing his pack contained was his bank card (which he had cancelled before anyone used it) and his I.D. (which he can't replace until he returns home.)

However, we had the privilege of helping that hiker and letting him stay with us for five days or so until he could get his belongings together again to continue on.

He expressed that maybe this was a sign that he just needed to go home and forget it but after talking to several people who gave him "hope", he decided to continue on the PCT.

Thanks Patch for the nice visit and allowing us to help you on your hiking journey.

Happy Trails,

Susan and Ray, Wrightwood Trail Angels