[pct-l] snotel data

greg mushial gmushial at gmdr.com
Sat Jun 5 22:00:22 CDT 2010

Following up my previous post... not wishing to leave the impression that we
have an infinite amount of snow up here (northern calif)...  This webcam is
at the ski park at Mt Shasta http://www.skipark.com/images/mtncam/mtncam.jpg
This camera is at 5400' approx, and as one can see, in the open, the snow is
disappearing - but under tree cover there is still several feet. This is
1300' lower than the Lassen webcam in my previous post. Still further down
http://www.tripcheck.com/RoadCams/cams/I-5atExit6_pid625.jpg this one is at
the Siskiyou summit on I-5 (where the PCT crosses I-5), and it's another
1300' lower, and as one can see, spring is under way - the grasses are
greening etc. (Also maybe of use
http://www.craterlakelodges.com/webcam_cl-2.php this is the webcam on the
crater lake south rim - still further north, but again, the snow is going
away - still not gone, but nolonger the 10' what was there.)

TheDuck