[pct-l] Anyone know how to get to Red's Meadow Resort from the trail?

enyapjr at comcast.net enyapjr at comcast.net
Tue Jun 8 12:14:23 CDT 2010

> I've never been to Red's Meadow Resort.  Google Earth says it's just west of
> Bishop.  Is that true?  Why would anyone resupply that far off trail when
> Mammoth Lakes PO is just 8 miles off the trail?
>
> Can anyone set me straight?

Reds Meadow Resort is W of Mammoth - at the end of the road into Devils Postpile area...
See <http://www.redsmeadow.com/how-to-get-there.html>...

One without special dietary needs 'should' be able to find enough in the store to
make it N (2 days for a thru-hiker) to Tuolumne Meadows - otherwise take the shuttle to
Mammoth Mountain Lodge, then bus into Mammoth Lakes...  One can also walk taking a trail
to Lake Mary then road walk (bus??) on down to Mammoth Lakes...

Happy trails!!!
Jim (PITA)

Support the Pacific Crest Trail Association and its mission:
Protect, preserve, and promote the Pacific Crest National Scenic Trail...
Join, renew, or donate today: <http://www.pcta.org/>

"You may never know what results come of your action, but if you do nothing there will be no result." - Mahatma Gandhi