[pct-l] Tarptent Cloudburst 2

Rick Donahue anutherrick at gmail.com
Tue Jun 8 15:05:45 CDT 2010

We've got a Cloudburst 2 and love it. Tons of room for two. Easy to set
up - insert little pole, stake it, insert big pole, pull tight, stake it.
The
symmetry of the design appeals to me. It is a single wall tent though, so
you get condensation buildup unless you keep the beak at the apex open.
We've used it in windy and wet  conditions and no problems. There are
little tabs on each side to use string for outriggers to rocks, etc.,
making
it very sturdy. We have not used it under heavy snowfall conditions.
Since it has a larger shoulder area and a smaller foot area you have to be
particular about orienting it on a slope with head on high side (or low side
if that's the way you sleep). With that one little limitation you get a
really
roomy upper body area for two people + packs and all for less than 2.5 lbs.
Henry makes nice products.

--Rick