[pct-l] 2010 Thru Encounter

bighummel at aol.com bighummel at aol.com
Sat Jun 12 22:18:08 CDT 2010

Hiking up from Whitney Portal to Trail Camp on Thursday, I ran into Cliffhanger and Milksheik who were coming out to Lone Pine for a bit of relief from the snow and re-supplying. Cliffhanger walks up to me and says, "Strider? What are you doing here?" I gave them a ride to the border at the KO.

The view of the northern end of the Kern River gorge and the Kaweahs all cloaked in snow from Trail Pass was worth the 1800' climb straight up the snow covered 97 switchbacks.

Greg Hummel

" Travel far, carry little, keep it simple, lighten up!"